Associate Tax – Small and Medium Sized Business (SME)
At Clearhouse LLP, Associates work with owner-managed and small and medium sized business in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients and develop an understanding of their businesses and challenges.
- Develop technical skills in areas such as: personal, corporate and trust income tax returns and payroll/information returns
- Organize data to facilitate preparation of income tax return filings
- Prepare Canadian personal income tax returns
- Prepare financial statements, including Notice to Reader engagements for a wide array of clients in various industries
- Manage multiple files simultaneously
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Assist team members with other tax projects, as required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in accounting
- Aspiring CPA, or working towards, prerequisites for admission into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) upon commencement of employment
- Previous accounting/bookkeeping related to office experience is considered an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset (i.e., Quickbooks, Sage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Takes initiative and is a proactive problem solver
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Takes responsibility for self-improvement and is committed to professional growth and development
- Demonstrated ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks and deliverables
How do we define success?
- You demonstrate Clearhouse LLP core values through all aspect of your work:
- Deliver Exceptional Client Service
- Inspire a Winning Team
- Demonstrate Unwavering Integrity
- Treat Others with Respect
- Cultivate a Learning Environment
- Support the Communities we Serve
- You understand the accounting industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleague’s and clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work.
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your colleagues’ and clients.
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent.
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace.
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. We are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
As a hybrid workplace, all Clearhouse LLP personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
If you are intrigued in growing your career at Clearhouse LLP, apply by sending your resume and a briefly introducing yourself to Bryon Smith, Head of People & Culture at email@example.com