Delivering a Positive Employee Experience matters to us.
Clearhouse LLP is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
- Principal focus on IFRS public company audits including ‘go-public’ transactions
- Lead engagement team for audits, reviews and other assurance/advisory work
- Notice-to-reader engagements
- Preparation of tax returns (T1’s, T2’s,T3’s, T4’s, T5’s, GST/HST, other) and assisting senior tax staff with tax planning initiatives
- Perfect fit for candidate looking to: save a downtown commute; join a local midsized firm to make more of a contribution; lack of advancement opportunities in current role; and take on challenging and varied work assignments
- Other perks:
- Obtain assurance and other hours required for CPA designation
- Firm covers cost of CFE courses and exams; paid study days; formal exam support program and training
- Join firm group benefits plan
- Employee wellness spending account
- Phone/travel/meals/professional development/CPA dues/other paid by firm
- Commission on clients introduced to firm
- Flexible/remote working arrangements
- 15 vacation days
- Various paid employee appreciation days during the year (before holidays, after busy season, etc.)
- Recently recognized as top performer by Canadian Accountant for growth in public company clients
- Youthful, progressive, and rapid growth firm.
- Embraces technology to enhance client assignments and firm management.
- Current staff roster is 40+ and hiring is continuous.
- Large and expanding network contributing to 100% organic growth.
- Firm moving to more specialty/advisory work such as ‘go-public’ transactions, international tax, valuations (in-house CBV) and other.
- Just renovated modern 6,500 square foot office at 401/427 – Large office permits physical distancing as part of firm’s formal Covid-19 staff safety policies and protocols.
- Roster of public companies and private companies seeking listing is over 45 and growing; in trendy sectors such as eGaming, cannabis, psychedelics, technology, telecom, financial (including fintech) and pharmaceuticals.
- Many clients have foreign operations which creates opportunities for challenging cross-border work and collaboration with foreign component auditors.
- Lots of exciting ‘go-public’ advisory work with startup companies.
– 24 – 48 months public accounting experience
– Achieved / working towards CPA designation
– Working knowledge of CaseWare, TaxPrep/Profile, and QuickBooks
– Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, ASPE, CAS and tax compliance
– Ability to lead and complete engagements under supervision of Managers and Partners; coordinate directly with clients
– Strong understanding of a client-focused environment; including the ability to work to meet deadlines and manage concurrent engagements
– Ability to identify and resolve engagement issues
– Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with clients, co-workers, and other firm contacts
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Internally motivated, lifelong learner and desire to progress through organization
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate Clearhouse LLP core values through all aspect of your work:
- Deliver Exceptional Client Service
- Inspire a Winning Team
- Demonstrate Unwavering Integrity
- Treat Others with Respect
- Cultivate a Learning Environment
- Support the Communities we Serve
- You understand the accounting industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleague’s and clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work.
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your colleagues’ and clients.
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent.
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace.
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Total rewards: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. We are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
As a hybrid workplace, all Clearhouse LLP personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients and communities, we require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated to enter the Clearhouse LLP office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.