Manager, International Tax
Clearhouse LLP is looking for an innovative and discerning International Tax Manager to join our team. You will have the opportunity to lead and participate as a team member on diverse client engagements and advisory work. Our clients include local, national, and internationally recognized businesses in sectors such as eSports, cannabis, psychedelics (life sciences), technology, telecom, financial services (including fintech) and mining, to name a few.
- Lead client engagements for a wide variety of clients.
- Identify as well as develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business and tax opportunities. This includes preparing & review tax reorganizations and reviewing corporate, trust and estate tax returns.
- Evaluate client business processes and policies, advice on tax policy and change to meet market needs and develop proactive tax strategies to make business opportunities effective.
- Apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address tax issues relevant to the client’s business.
- Provide both technical and project management leadership to team members for Tax projects or assignments. Ensure quality control standards.
- Assist clients with various advisory mandates including reorganizations, pre-sale planning (buy side and sell side), tax structuring for financings, debt restructurings, recapitalization transactions, safe income computations, modeling, general tax transaction support
- Ability to manage various technical tax issues dealing with Canadian Controlled Public Companies (CCPC’s), Public Corporations, partnerships and international/cross-border M&A advisory
- Remain up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and tax accounting
- Assist the assurance team with tax provision reviews and prepare and review tax provision working papers for non-assurance clients
- Participate in business development initiatives including identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Build positive working relationships with clients and provides effective support for engagement
- Engage in training staff and invest in the professional development of your team.
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree, is required
- 4+ years experience in a public accounting firm preferably in a full-time tax role
- CPA required; Completed/In process on CPA In-depth tax course. (Preference for completion of CPA In-depth tax course)
- International tax experience, is preferred
- Ability to lead multiple client engagements simultaneously and coordinate specialists as needed
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, research and writing skills
- Experience leading teams and mentoring associates.
We would welcome your application by sending your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com or by contacting Bryon Smith, Head of People & Culture, Clearhouse LLP at 647- 406 – 4476.