Delivering a Positive Employee Experience matters to us.
Clearhouse LLP is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position works closely with other team members across the firm to deliver exceptional client service, specifically in compiling financial statements, tax returns and other work products to our diverse and growing roster of clients. In addition, the Senior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the firm’s client’s database and performing effective follow ups, as required and in a timely manner.
We are looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team in Mississauga and own the following responsibilities:
- Compile financial statements, tax returns and other work products.
- Maintain the firm’s client database and perform effective follow-ups, as required.
- Provide general administrative support to the Tax, Assurance and Small Business teams.
- Support our processing, including billings, collections, and deposits, entering and applying payments, printing and mailing or emailing client invoices.
- Coordinate client acceptance, conflict checks, customer and project setup, preparation of engagement letters, master service agreements and statements of work.
- Communicate with tax authorities to obtain information, complete registrations, validate information, or answer their requests for information.
- Assist with electronic and paper filing of returns.
- Effectively communicating internally on various matters.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with other staff members and partners
- Answer incoming calls and greet office visitors professionally and courteously.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, mail, packages etc.).
- Locking down work product and related functions to facilitate workflow.
- Organize e-blasts.
- Provide additional administrative support, as required
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate Clearhouse LLP core values through all aspect of your work:
- Deliver Exceptional Client Service
- Inspire a Winning Team
- Demonstrate Unwavering Integrity
- Treat Others with Respect
- Cultivate a Learning Environment
- Support the Communities we Serve
- You understand the accounting industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleague’s and clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work.
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your colleagues’ and clients.
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent.
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace.
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ previous related experience.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or Administration is an asset.
- Familiar with accounting principles is an asset.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient with MS Office and Adobe.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You can prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Joint health and safety committee experience is an asset.
Total rewards: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. We are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
As a hybrid workplace, all Clearhouse LLP personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients and communities, we require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated in order to enter the Clearhouse LLP office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.