At Clearhouse LLP, Senior Associates, work with owner-managed and small and medium sized business in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients and develop an understanding of their businesses and challenges. The Senior Associates are primarily focused on various tax engagements while overseeing staff and co-op team members.
- Prepare and review personal, corporate, and trust income tax returns along with other tax elections
- Assist with corporate reorganizations, estate planning, cross-border transactions, and other tax planning initiatives
- Prepare all working papers to support income tax return filings
- Assist with government tax audits, including analytical support, collection of information, preparation of responses, and interacting directly with clients and CRA
- Collaborating closely with partners and other senior staff to develop and implement effective strategies and tax planning assignments for clients
- Establish relationships with clients and gain a solid understanding of their business
- Apply process management expertise (planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling) in managing projects during tax season
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level and co-op team members
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in accounting
- Must be working towards CPA designation
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in public accounting environment, preferably in a tax focused role
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, QuickBooks and TaxPrep/Profile
- Ability to complete engagement with limited supervision
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset (i.e., QuickBooks, Sage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Takes initiative and is a proactive problem solver
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Takes responsibility for self-improvement and is committed to professional growth and development
- Demonstrated ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks and deliverables
How do we define success?
- You demonstrate Clearhouse LLP core values through all aspect of your work:
- Deliver Exceptional Client Service
- Inspire a Winning Team
- Demonstrate Unwavering Integrity
- Treat Others with Respect
- Cultivate a Learning Environment
- Support the Communities we Serve
- You understand the accounting industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleague’s and clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work.
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your colleagues’ and clients.
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent.
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace.
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. We are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
As a hybrid workplace, all Clearhouse LLP personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
If you are intrigued in growing your career at Clearhouse LLP, apply by sending your resume and a briefly introducing yourself to Bryon Smith, Head of People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org