Senior Manager Assurance (Full-Time, Hybrid Role)
Clearhouse LLP is looking for a seasoned Senior Manager, Assurance to join our team. This is a hybrid role that (1) leads client facing engagement teams to complete complex audits, reviews, and special reports and (2) leads the firm’s quality assurance practice and acts as a single point of contact in dealing with complex accounting, auditing, and risk management matters.
Senior Manager, Assurance Responsibilities:
Principal focus on IFRS public company audits and related advisory engagements
- Lead client facing engagement teams to complete complex audits, reviews, and special reports
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high-quality deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and opportunities, and ways to deliver added value; ensure clients’ needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e., WIP budget to actual, recovery, and timely billings)
- Maintain quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business and financial reporting
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of proposals to prospective clients
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews
Senior Manager, Quality Assurance Responsibilities:
- Performs Engagement Quality Control Reviews for applicable audit and review files.
- Subject matter expert or specialist in variety of topical areas and industry-specific matters.
- Provides observations and recommendations from live client service situations to effect quality enhancements and risk mitigation efforts.
- Actively participates in team meetings and initiatives to continuously improve the audit, accounting, and tax departments.
- Applies thorough understanding of the organization’s key business processes and controls to effectively anticipate and address the longer-term implications of decisions/actions.
- Monitor and provide counsel regarding emerging accounting and auditing issues.
- Lead and contribute to the ongoing development of the firm-wide internal quality control systems and monitoring programs that directly result in ongoing efficient and effectiveness improvements.
- Develops and facilitation in-house training on various technical topics.
- Consults with engagement teams, as requested (or required by firm policy), on complex accounting, auditing, independence, and risk management matters.
- Engages with external stakeholders including clients and their professionals to facilitate resolution of issues and demonstrate firm competence and responsiveness.
- Prepares annual Ongoing Policy Monitoring and tri-annual cyclical file inspections.
- Maintains the firm’s Quality Assurance Manual and ensuring compliance.
- Manages CPA Ontario / CPAB inspections and communications including providing information requested and participating in meetings.
- Serves as a mentor to individuals in the audit practice exhibiting reasoned judgment and advising on handling difficult situations encountered during the audit process.
- Fosters a positive and proactive work environment, emphasizing respect for individuals, high standards of quality, innovation and teamwork.
- Oversee implementation and training on technology applications/software to ensure firm is utilizing best practices in the industry.
- Design and maintain firm CaseWare model files (audit, review, NTR) and related forms/checklists/memos.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Expertise with CaseWare Working Papers and PEG forms/methodology
- Strong technical knowledge of Accounting Standards, including IFRS, CAS and ASPE
- Experience with MindBridge and Jazz.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience as a manager
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Must exhibit an exceptional client service attitude, possess outstanding people skills, and take a proactive approach in working with employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate motivationally and deliver tough messages
- Demonstrated excellent coordination, organizational planning, and analytical skills
- Takes ownership of results
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
How do we define success?
- You demonstrate Clearhouse LLP core values through all aspect of your work:
- Deliver Exceptional Client Service
- Inspire a Winning Team
- Demonstrate Unwavering Integrity
- Treat Others with Respect
- Cultivate a Learning Environment
- Support the Communities we Serve
- You understand the accounting industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleague’s and clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work.
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your colleagues’ and clients.
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent.
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace.
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
We offer: Clearhouse is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contributions. We provide flexible benefits. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. We are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
As a hybrid workplace, all Clearhouse LLP personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
We would welcome your application by sending your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com or by contacting Bryon Smith, Head of People & Culture, Clearhouse LLP at 647- 406 – 4476.